From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 11:38:55 CDT

Dear Brendan,
  Yes, we've used various devices with VRPN and an SGI.
In order to use trackers with VMD, you need to make entries into
your .vmdsensors file, and then use the tracker menu in VMD to
create a "tool" which is then associated with the tracker of
interest. Have you read the manual on the tracker menu stuff
yet? The manual should help cover the general details, then we'd
be happy to help you with any specifics you're having trouble with.
To answer your question regarding the use of buttons, at the present
time, only the first button (0th button?) on VRPN devices are really
being used for anything. We are working on implementing a more general
and featureful tracker interface for future versions of VMD, but it is
still in the early stages. Let us know if you need more help with this.

Thanks,