From: Justin Gullingsrud (justin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 10:46:09 CST

Hi,

One strange thing about your pdb files is that many of the waters exactly
overlap. This is what's confusing VMD's bond generation code. VMD is simply
trying to bond atoms that are near each other, so when molecules overlap you
get a plethora of extraneous bonds. I would suggest removing duplicate waters
first. Also, if you can build a structure file to specify the bonds
explicitly, you won't have to rely on VMD's admittedly fallible bond search
code.

Cheers,

Justin

--
Justin Gullingsrud      3111 Beckman Institute
H: (217) 384-4220       I got a million ideas that I ain't even rocked yet...