From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 11:57:54 CST

Dear Sanjeev,
  I don't think any of our existing movie scripts have the ability
to interpolate between trajectory frames, but it should be relatively
easy to implement a script that does this. As a starting point, you might
want to look at the trajectory_smooth script and see how it works.
The part that will be different in the script you need is that it will have
to insert extra frames for the interpolated frames.

We intend to implement several of these trajectory processing
capabilities in VMD itself, but until they are available in VMD, the
scripts are the best way to get it done. I'll announce when we have
the smoothing and interpolation features bulit-into VMD.

The trajectory_smooth script is available here:
 http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/trajectory_smooth/

Let us know if you need help getting this going, I'm sure other people would
like to have this feature as well.