From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 22:39:09 CST

Dear Sanjeev,
  Yes, you can combine multiple atom selections together
using boolean operations. There are some examples of using
boolean operators in atom selections, in the VMD user's guide.

Here's a quick cut/pasted example of how they can work:
  (name CA or name CB) and mass 12 to 17

Some user's guide pages of interest are here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.7.1/ug/node78.html

and here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.7.1/ug/node80.html

Let us know if you need more help with this.

Thanks,