From: Justin Gullingsrud (justin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 03:16:34 CST

Hi Jen,

In order to use the standard Python libraries with the version of VMD we ship,
you'll have to install Python 2.0 (or 2.0.1). It should be possible to install
Python 2.0 alongside 2.1 with no conflicts (except for Python's annoying habit
of hard-linking the python21 binary to python, which you can easily fix up).
Once Python 2.0 is installed, edit your VMD startup script (/usr/local/bin/vmd
or some such) so that the PYTHONPATH environment variable is set to the place
you installed Python 2.0, and you should be all set.

Let us know if that doesn't get it working for you.

Justin
vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu