From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 11:05:34 CDT

Hi Timm,
  Try something like this:
    vmd -psf alanin.psf -dcd alanin.dcd

I'm also unable to get it to DCD + PDB to work, but DCD and PSF
work fine for me. I'm looking into the reason for this.

About the help: You say "when I use the help option", are you
referring to the help button on the "main" form, or are you
referring to typing "help" in the VMD command window?

Clicking on the help button or typing "help <subject>" will
cause VMD to attempt to run netscape (on Unix systems) or
Internet Explorer (on Windows), so you need to make sure that
a "netscape" command is in your path, or you'll need to set
the VMDHTMLVIEWER environment variable appropriately if you
want to use another web browser.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks for pointing
out the problem with loading pdb/dcd files from the VMD starting
command line options.

Thanks,

--
Theoretical Biophysics Group   Email: johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Beckman Institute              http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/