From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 12:11:25 CST

Hi,
  I'm still in the process of updating the VMD code to match the
new MSMS 2.5 code. Michel and I found that VMD and MSMS had some
bugs in their sockets code that communicated between MSMS and VMD, but
VMD 1.4 does not have the new interace code necessary to work with the
most recent MSMS code yet. (its a little more complicated than this, but
unless you want the low level details, I'll leave it at that..)

I'm working on this already, and the next set of VMD binaries that we
release will have been tested and known to work with the latest MSMS.

MSMS is a great program, so I know that this fix will be important to
many of the VMD users out there.
Thanks for your patience..

--
Theoretical Biophysics Group   Email: johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Beckman Institute              http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/