From: Charlotte J Siska (Charlotte.Siska_at_Colorado.EDU)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2007 - 12:45:27 CDT

I am trying right now to make a simulation of the electron transport chain, and right now I am at complex II. I am at the stage where I need to save a format on vmd of the protein in the membrane. I have tried to save the state, but when I open it again the membrane is missing and I have only the protein. I tried saving the coordinates but all I got was a very long line, making me think I somehow made my protein linear.

Is there another way that I can save the protein embedded in the membrane? Or is it impossible?

Also: I am having trouble moving the protein and membrane around when I have them both open in vmd at the same time. Is there a way where I can set a coordinate system to make this a little easier? Thanks!