From: Eduard Schreiner (eduard.schreiner_at_rub.de)
Date: Fri May 25 2007 - 07:41:48 CDT

the selection

(same residue as (within 5 of protein)) and lipid

should do what you want.
Might be you have to replace "lipid" by

resname ZZZ

where ZZZ is the resname of your lipid

eddi

On Friday 25 May 2007 11:43, naga raju wrote:
> Dear VMD users,
> I want to insert protein in a lipid bilayer. I aligned protein and lipid bilayer. I used " within 5 of protein" in graphics representation then it selects atoms within 5 of protein, but i need complete residues.
> would you tell me how to select lipid residues from protein within perticular distance.
> Thank you in advance,
> with regards,
> nagaraju

Eduard Schreiner                     e-mail: eduard.schreiner_at_theochem.rub.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-22121
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/52         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum                              http://www.theochem.rub.de