From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 12:21:26 CDT

Hi,
  Which version of VMD are you using? It sounds like you've
found a bug in the VMD parm or parm7 plugin. Can you send me
a gzipped copy of of the files that causes this to occur?
Its possible that some of your file transfers are corrupting the
parm files, and others are not, but even so, the plugin should
gracefully handle these situations and not crash VMD which it
seems is what is happening presently. If I can reproduce your
problem it should be pretty easy to solve.