From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue May 15 2007 - 13:12:34 CDT

Lutz,
  At present the molfile plugin interface hasn't yet been extended to
allow individual plugins to load up arbitrary extra data fields, though
this is something we are very keen to implement as it will solve exactly
the kind of scenario you are asking about. I'm hoping to work on this over
the next few months as we make revisions to the plugin interface. I would
be happy to involve you and any other interested parties in the molfile
plugin interface revisions.