From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu May 03 2007 - 10:16:10 CDT

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Nichols A. Romero wrote:

NR> Hi,
NR>
NR> I am using the movie maker feature in VMD. I'm creating a movie of a crystal
NR> melting and I only have a few MD steps (<500) .
NR> (It is a DFT calculation not classical.)
NR>
NR> It seems that the movie (.mpg) duration is the same regardless of the time
NR> that I specify in the Movie Maker applet. (It isn't

correct. with .mpg the number of frames per second is fixed.
you either have to generate an animated gif (where you can specify
the delay between frames), tell your movieplayer to show it in
'slow-motion', or generate more frames, either by copying them
or interposlating.

NR> really syncronized with the speed toolbar in the VMD main window.) Is there
NR> any way to slow down the movie?

the settings on the VMD animation speed have no effect
on the movie maker.

axel.