From: Cesar Luis Avila (cavila_at_fbqf.unt.edu.ar)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2007 - 18:36:48 CDT

Dear all,
I was wondering if PHI maps calculated with delphi could be seen using
VMD. I had no problem in the past with maps calculated with APBS, but
with delphi I have tried both standard and GRASP formated phi maps
(generated with delphi) and none could be loaded with any of delphi file
types. Here are some of the errors reported by the different plugins.
-------
ERROR) Unable to open file with plugin of type delphibig
Unexpected end-of-file.
Couldn't read fort.14
-------
graspplugin) First characters of file don't look like a GRASP file
ERROR) Reading raw graphics failed.
Unable to open file with plugin of type grd
Error: non-cube grid

The box is composed of 155 grid points per side.
The output file from delphi seems to be in binary format.
Any suggestion on how to generate the phi map for later use with vmd?
I am using lastest stable version of vmd 1.8.6
Regards
Cesar