From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 10:08:54 CDT

Dear Preeda,
  Interesting, I'm not sure why you're getting the linkage errors
for vrpn_server.exe. I haven't compiled a vrpn_server with GHOST
support for a while now as our laboratory has changed to using
the new HDAPI interface. I don't presently have a system with
the GHOST API installed, otherwise I'd try building a vrpn_server for you.

As I recall, I was able to compile 7.04 with HDAPI without any
significant problems, so if you can run your Phantom via HDAPI,
it might be worth looking into since that's probably the better
interface to use in the long-term.

Are you able to compile vrpn_server.exe _without_ VRPN_USE_PHANTOM_SERVER,
or does this problem occur both with and without it? It could just be that
the block of code pertaining to the older GHOST-based API hasn't been
updated to match (recent?) changes to the vrpn_Connection class, which
you're seeing errors about.

I'm also CCing Russell Taylor who is the VRPN master, in case he has any
additional comments or suggestions.