From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 09:07:28 CST

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Yaser Khan wrote:

YK> Hi all,
YK>
YK> I am using VMD to visualize gaussian cube files. When opening the file VMD
YK> warns "coordinates will be rotated to comply with VMD's conventions for
YK> periodic graphics". This is not a problem when I am visualizing a single
YK> cubefile or when I visualize multiple cubefiles all with the same 'grid
YK> orientation'. However, when I attempt to visualize cubefiles with grids that
YK> are rotated with respect to each other the relative positions of the
YK> molecules displayed gets completely messed up.
YK>
YK> Is there some way to supress this reorientation?

yes. you have to download the source code and build your own version
of the plugin where you disable this rotation, which is essential
for cases where you look at periodic systems, due to the way periodicity
is computed within VMD. please note, that you have to step up the minor
revision number in the struct at the end, so VMD will override the
built-in plugin with your version.

axel.