From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 15:17:08 CST

Guys,
  I'll have to investigate why the POV-Ray export isn't working
for you. If you load up a trajectory but hide all of the representations,
leaving a blank window except for the time bar, does the .pov file
that VMD exports contain geometry, or is it essentially empty?
I'm deep in the middle of significant updates to the various
modules that implement the external scene rendering/export
features of VMD, and it shouldn't be too difficult to solve if
I know what it is that's either missing from the .pov file, or that
POV-Ray is choosing not to render.

As for exporting text: none of these external renderers really have
a way of drawing "lines", so text is somewhat problematic, but
I will see if I can get this added before 1.8.6 is finished.