From: christopher (barry_at_chemistry.ucsc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 08:57:14 CST

Hello everyone,
   I have a two part question. I installed VMD on one linux box and the GL
window is not centered properly. What were the setenv variables i need
to define and what are the options?
   Also, I installed vmd on another linux box (updated OS, x86-32 suse)
and upon make install, the binary gives me the error:

Unsupported architechture.
Must be AIX, HP-UX, IRIX, Linux, SunOS, or TRU64.
ARCH: Undefined variable.

    Strangely, the inclided binary (./LINUX/vmd_LINUX) seems to work on
first inspection... However, when I try to display a protein using the
'NewCartoon' representation, secondary structures are not displayed:
no arrows for b-sheets, no twisty arrows for the helices, just 3-D
spaghetti.
    Han anyone help me on either of these points? Thank you very much for
your time.

Chris