From: Mario Valle (mvalle_at_cscs.ch)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 02:59:08 CDT

I'm trying to determine if the following error is due to VMD or is the data erroneous.
To reproduce:
1) download PDB 1D66
2) load it in VMD (tried in 1.8.5 on Linux)
3) select: "chain D E"
4) select representation "New Tube". Nothing will be draw and the following error appears
on the console:

ERROR) Internal error in draw_tube for P atoms: last_resid = 1 but no first atom was added.
ERROR) Tubes may be incomplete.

Instead the tube appears correctly on Windows under 1.8.4
I suspect the data contains some error that makes VMD misbehave. Prof. Eric Martz told me
this file is a good example of erroneous data in a public repository, but my chemistry is
not at the level to understand and find the error...

Thanks for your help!
                                mario

--
Ing. Mario Valle