From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 12:24:46 CDT

Hi François,
the documentation's wording probably ought to be tweaked -- a better
description would be
"Given an atom D with a hydrogen H bonded to it and an atom
     A not bonded to atom D"

The angle criterion is indeed D-H-A -- this is the relevant angle for
hbond energies as well, as you're testing for collinearity of the donor,
hydrogen, and acceptor in that order. In your case, the D-H-A angle is
42.39 degrees, which is where the hydrogen bond begins to show up.
Does this make sense?
Best,
Peter