From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 18:29:23 CDT

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Dr. Seth Olsen wrote:

SO> Hi Axel,

seth,

sorry to be so brief. i'll look into your (many) mails later.
but i have three remarks.

1.) there is a precompiled FC5 rpm for 32-bit linux in the
unofficial/unsupported section of the VMD download area
and on biocore

2.) you do not need a separate molecule for the graphics.
you can add graphics to the id of the loaded molecule.

3.) to make graphics elements vanish, you can either delete
them or create an 'Invisible' material (with 100% transparency)
and change the material. VMD currently only allows one
material per set of graphics for each molecule id, so this
would apply to all graphics elements.

more later, gotta run,
   axel.