From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 14:43:38 CDT

I am not sure why you are renaming the residues, or making them
different numbers. What you want, I think, are actually just
standard types of termini. Without any modification of the pdb
necessary (no deleting atoms, renumbering, etc.), you should be able
to define your segment something like this:

segment A {
first NTER
last CT2
pdb beta.pdb
}

and then after the rest of your commands, it should come out fine.

Look at the definitions in the topology file for more information;
also the psfgen user's manual has good tips: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/
Research/vmd/plugins/psfgen/

Let us know if that does what you want.