From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 23:29:51 CDT

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Christian Fufezan wrote:

CF> Hello,
CF>
CF> is it possible to change the default settings for the
CF> drawing and coloring method ?

christian,

as of version 1.8.4 VMD supports a 'mol default' command,
so that you can change default visualization properties
in your .vmdrc file. if you are locked into using some older
version, you may want to check out the hack at:

http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/cpmd-vmd/part7.html#chap9_sect2

CF> I have a bunch of pdb files that are loaded via vmd -m
CF> *.pdb and I would like to have them displayed as cpk using
CF> coloring method beta. I know this can be done via a little
CF> tcl script, looping over [molinfo num], but I think
CF> changing the default settings would be more elegant.

indeed.

regards,
   axel.