From: mahmoud (mess20_at_bath.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2006 - 04:59:52 CDT

Hi
Can any one tell me if psf file created by VMD is compatible with charmm
(charmm can read it)and how can I make pdb/psf files can be read by charmm.
any help would be appreciated
thanks

--On Saturday, April 29, 2006 10:48 PM -0500 John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
wrote:

> Hi,
> VMD is compiled on Windows using the MSVC tools rather than
> with straight makefiles. The win32 plugins are compiled using
> makefiles however. Compiling VMD itself on Windows is actually
> quite easy, but getting all of the other libraries built can be
> a serious pain. Unless you're up to the daunting task of
> compiling all of the libraries VMD needs with the right runtime
> library linkage etc, I'd suggest building on one of the other
> platforms if you're just modifying the code for your own
> experiments.
>
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
>
> On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 11:12:23PM -0400, Chang Hu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A quick question: is there any way to build VMD in Windows? I saw a
>> "WIN32" option in make_distribut but not in Makefile.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chang

Mahmoud E. Soliman
Department of chemistry (Computational chemistry& Modelling)
University of Bath
Bath
BA2 7AY