From: L. Michel Espinoza-Fonseca (mef_at_ddt.biochem.umn.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2006 - 02:15:31 CDT

Hi Jean,

As far as I know, you can build a double helix DNA using the program
Insight II (it contains a module called "biopolymer"). The problem is
that this software is not free. The other program you may use is
called "Hyperchem". You also have to pay for this software, but the
main difference is that you can download a trial version and
(hopefully) you'll have enough time to build your structure.

Regarding energy minimization, you can use NAMD + CHARMM 27 topology
and parameters.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Michel