From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 11:51:41 CST

Hi,
  One thing to check is to make sure you're keeping the VMD graphics
window size down to something that's reasonable for the format you're
using. If you make the window size too large, the video quality will
degrade as the encoder uses a constant bitrate regardless of the resolution
of the movie, so the higher resolution you make the VMD window, the lower
the encoded quality will tend to be. It depends a lot on the video format
you use. Try lowering the resolution (making the VMD window smaller) and
see if that helps.