From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 10:34:01 CST

Hi,
  You'll either need to recompile from source or get a binary from me,
and then set the environment variable VMDMODULATERIBBON to the data
field that you want to use to modulate the ribbon width. I can probably
enable this by default for the next test build I post if you like. In
which case I'll likely have a new build tomorrow sometime.