From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 11:17:08 CST

Michel,
  For the VolumeSlice representation, you should be able to switch the
coloring mode to color by volume, then select a color scale mode (RWB, BWR,
or another that pleases you), select the color scale data range you want
to use (in the trajectory tab), and adjust things to your satisfaction.
If those are too limiting, then you could also rewrite the color scale
with your own colors with a little bit of Tcl scripting, there's an example
of how to do that in the VMD User's Guide.