From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 27 2006 - 16:25:29 CST

Milind,
  From your info below I see you're running AIX 5.2. It's almost a
certainty that the binaries I compile on the NCSA p690 (AIX 5.3) won't
run on the older AIX 5.2, so you'll either have to upgrade your system
to AIX 5.3, or you'll need to compile VMD from source code on your machine.
Compiling VMD from source shouldn't be too difficult on AIX, I don't believe
I had to do anything particularly challenging to get Tcl/Tk/FLTK compiled,
so I'd expect you could get things working in an afternoon with a little
luck. Let me know if you need help if you decide to compile from source.