From: Michael T. Davis (DAVISM_at_ecr6.ohio-state.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 14:34:29 CST

        Recently, Jindal Shah wrote...

> Hello,
> We are planning to buy new computers and want to make sure that VMD with
> latest features would run properly. The card of choice is:
>
> 256MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X600 SE HyperMemory
>
> Does anybody have any experience with this graphics card?

I am Jindal's IT support and I wanted to follow-up with an answer to one of
the responses that Jindal received. The systems in question will be running
Windows XP Pro on a 3.0GHz Dual Core Pentium D. We could go with an Nividia-
based system, but for an equivalently configured system in all other respects,
it's going to cost $600 more per system. The Nvidia card in question is...

256MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) nVidia GeForce 6800

(The vendor has a few different lines of systems and the Nvidia-based system
comes from a different line than the ATI-based system. The computer system
architectures are the same.) Are we really going to be able to appreciate
that much better performance with the Nvidia-based system under VMD?

Thanks,
Mike