From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_uhp-nancy.fr)
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 14:21:17 CST

John,

Thanks for your quick reply. I see the problem from the point of view of NAMD
users, who mostly use VMD for viewing and analyzing NAMD-generated
trajectories.
Since NAMD only wraps whole molecules across the periodic cell boundaries, no
covalent bonds cross these boundaries - unless the coordinates are tampered
with afterwards. I suppose most programs running classical MD simulations
behave in a similar manner.

Therefore, I would suggest that your first three items (i.e., those dealing
with non covalently bonded atoms) are more relevant to most of us than the
other three. But it would certainly be interesting to read the opinion of
other VMD users on this list.

Jerome

--
Jérôme Hénin
Equipe de Dynamique des Assemblages Membranaires