From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 09:16:31 CST

Dear vmd-ers,
   As I see this silence about the python problems... I am going to try
to compile vmd from source. I read all the documentation about compiling
and I am going to give it a try. Before I start I would like to ask 2
questions:

1. In the documentation I found a lots of information about tcl but I
didnt find anything about python and thus I would like to ask you
whether there are any preliminary settings I have to do in order to
compile against my default python 2.4. (like env. variables or
./configure options...). ( My python is in /usr/lib64/python2.4 )

2. Did anybody tried this in order to get rid of the ied problems? If
yes, I would be glad to hear whether there were suuccessful attempts and
any hints will be highly appreciated ...

All the best
vlad

--
          Dr. Vlad Cojocaru