From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 11:08:29 CDT

Hi,
  They (NCSA) are using passive stereo with an NVidia card on a Linux machine,
and inexpensive polarized glasses (no emitters). That's great that you're
having good results with your system. I think that the DepthQ is probably
a good choice for a portable system since there's no projector alignment
to do when you set things up. I only wish it was a higher resolution
projector (800x600 is kinda low res unless you have fantastic antialiasing...)
Hopefully they'll bring out a new model with higher res soon.

  John