From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 14:33:56 CDT

Dear VMD users

  Sorry to insist on this but I find it a bit annoying that IED was
previously working for me fine and now it doesnt work anymore ...

  So, I tried to following: i installed a new python 2.2.3 in my home
directory with Tkinter enabled; i installed a new numeric python version
for this python and if I run now this python in a shell in doesnt give
any error regarding tkinter anymore (I do "import _tkinter"): i set the
environmental variables PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH to my new python version.

  However when I try to run ied in vmd I get rid of many errors that I
had before but I still get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "VMD", line 466, in ?
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Frame'

  I dont know what is happening but I would really like to have IED
working again in VMD. Is there any solution to this? I also tried the
new 1.8.4 test version but it gives the same error....

  It might be that vmd is still using the old /usr/bin/python which is a
python 2.3 version... so maybe the key is to make vmd use my new python
... however I dont know how to do that.

Thank you very much for assistance

Best wishes
vlad