From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 11:19:43 CDT

Hi,
  Sorry for the delayed reply, but I've been out of town for the last
week. I do try to keep up, but you guys need to give me more
than 24 hours to respond to emails when I'm out of town :-)

In general option A) is the best approach. So long as you use "waitfor all"
there shouldn't be any performance difference between the various choices,
but A) is the way things are done now, and the other options may be officially
outdated or removed at some point in time, so I do recommend people start using
the 'mol new' and 'mol addfile' way of doing things. And, regarding the
use of 'animate read' with a selection, that is only intended to be used with
writing, as you've discovered it's not valid to use on reads.