From: Samuel Flores (samuel.flores_at_yale.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 16:42:40 CDT

Hi All,

I am trying to describe the motion of ribosome recycling factor as the rigid
body motion of one rigid substructure with respect to another. This
description is good enough for this protein:

http://www.molmovdb.org/cgi-bin/morph.cgi?ID=953481-20695

It's trivial to obtain the transformation matrix of one substructure
(residues 30-103) that describes its motion from conformation A to
conformation B. However, I would like to obtain its components of rotation.
I would prefer to get them in spherical coordinates, but will settle for the
rectangular (euler) components.

Does anyone know how to get the euler angles out of a transformation matrix?
I want to use them to map energy as a function of the pitch, yaw, and roll
of this substructure.

Thanks

Sam