From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 10:05:16 CDT

Hi,
  I assume that your machine is an Opteron-based Sun running Linux or
Solaris x86? If so, then you should be able to use any of the NVidia cards
in that machine. For best performance you'd want one of the GeForce 7800
card variants, as that's the fastest model available presently. If you want
stereo, you'll need to get a Quadro. The GeForce 6800 cards should be getting
cheaper now that the new models are out, and they are also good performers.
If you're using a Sparc machine, then you won't be able to use an NVidia
card, and you'll probably want an XVR-1200 as I believe that's the fastest
card they offer for their sparc machines presently.