From: Axel Kohlmeyer (axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 12:26:44 CDT

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Ivan Degtyarenko wrote:

dear ivan,

ID> Dear All,
ID>
ID> When I load a file, is there a way to say to VMD in advance do not
ID> compute/draw bonds, and load/represent only atoms as points?

not in advance. for that you have to hack the sources.

ID> I mean, not changing representaion after molecule is in, but in advance.

the best you can do is to automatically delete the lines representation
and replace it with another on loading the molecule. you can find an
example for that at:
http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/cpmd-vmd/part7.html#chap9_sect2

ID> I looked through VMD maillist archive but haven't found an answer to my
ID> question.

well, that topic had come up before, but the best phrase to
search for would have been 'default visualization'.

regards,
        axel.

ID> Thanks in advance for you answer,
ID> Ivan Degtyarenko

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer   e-mail: axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-26673
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/53         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum  http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/