From: Axel Kohlmeyer (axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 02:34:26 CDT

>>> "JS" == John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> writes:

john,

in the recent updates to the intel version 8.1 compilers
there was a new flag '-i-static' added, that causes all
intel provided libraries to be linked statically.
so perhaps you can get away with just a small change
in the configure file.

axel.

JS> Oliver,
JS> Oops :-) Looks like I need to either use GCC to build on Itanium or
JS> use a bunch of new options to prevent the Intel compilers from dynamically
JS> linking their libc/libm routines. This should eliminate the need for the
JS> LD_LIBRARY_PATH modification. I'll see if I can get this going here.
JS> Let me know if the VMDSIMPLEGRAPHICS setting cures the problem you've got
JS> with the ATI drivers crashing.

JS> John Stone
JS> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu

JS> --
JS> NIH Resource for Macromolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics
JS> Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
JS> University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801
JS> Email: johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu Phone: 217-244-3349
JS> WWW: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/ Fax: 217-244-6078

Axel Kohlmeyer       e-mail: axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-26673
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/53         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum  http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/