From: Pattanayek, Sabuj (sabuj.pattanayek_at_Vanderbilt.Edu)
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 11:57:52 CDT

Well I tried highlighting inside the xterm box when it seemed like it was white
text on white background and that should have made it white text on black
background temporarily but did not, I also tried to middle click paste and
ctrl+c/v paste into a gvim window after "highlighting" but that didn't output
anything so I in short I don't know if that does color switching. It looks like
nothing was being outputted at all into the xterm. I'm just glad it works now.
Quoting Alex Vakhrouchev <vav_at_udman.ru>:

> Thanks for your tip!
>
> I had the same problems after upgrading my Gentoo box.
> But I wander what is the reason.
> Btw, -0-0 stands for original coordinates of xterm winget.
> Does it cause color switching?
>
> Regards,
> Alex
>
> Sabuj Pattanayek wrote:
>
> >Ahh, thanks for pointing out that line it seems the "-0-0" of the
> >"80x11-0-0" is causing the problems with this xterm version so I just
> >modified:
> >
> >setenv VMD_WINGEOM "-geometry 80x11-0-0"

> >setenv VMD_WINGEOM "-geometry 80x11"
> >
> >in the /usr/bin/vmd startup script and now it works fine. However, I'm
> >not sure what the -0-0 does.
> >
> >..Sabuj Pattanayek
> >
> >John Stone wrote:
> >

> >>Try running xterm with the same options the VMD startup script uses:
> >> xterm -geometry 80x11-0-0 -sb -sl 1000 -e /bin/csh
> >>
> >>Does that work for you?
> >>
> >> John Stone
> >> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu

Sabuj Pattanayek
Martin Egli Lab
Vanderbilt University Dept. Biochemistry
http://linegli.mc.vanderbilt.edu