From: Breght Boschker (Breght.Boschker_at_cwi.nl)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 05:27:49 CDT

Hi,

I'm working on integrating VMD in our VR system. So far, I have been
successful in connecting our trackers to the VRPN-inputs, but I still
haven't been able to control the eye position (for head tracking).

Looking through the VMD sources, I found out there is an eye position
'float eyePos[3]' in class DisplayDevice (DisplayDevice.h). Contrary to
other viewing parameters (eyesep, focallen etc.), this parameter cannot
be changed externally (e.g. through Python).

Is there a way of controlling the viewing parameters externally without
having to modify and/or recompile VMD?

Thanks in advance,

Breght Boschker

Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI)
Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica (CWI)

Kruislaan 413
1098 SJ Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Telephone..: +31 20 592 42 29