From: Luis Rosales (ludwig_at_correo.biomedicas.unam.mx)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 23:51:55 CDT

Dear Kabaleeswaran,

I think that VMD dont do that kind of analysis, you could use DynDom
(http://www.sys.uea.ac.uk/dyndom/main.jsp) to analyze the extent of the
"rigid body" movement between domains, as well as the angle and hinge residues
among other things.

Dyndom uses a "K-means" clustering algorithm to determine groups of residues
(the rigid body domains), I think that this would be better to determine the
presence and size of your domains.

There are at least a couple more of programs used to find and analyze domain
motions, but I do not remember them, a search on PubMed or google/yahoo should
help you to find them.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

 -Ludovico