From: Chang, Christopher (Christopher_Chang_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 17:40:24 CST

Peter,

   James Stevens posted essentially the same question, but I forgot to send a solution to the general list. His post and my response precede your post below; from the first two, you should be able to extrapolate to your case.

Best,

Chris

___________________
James,

   You'll need two representations; one with "protein" or "chain A" as ribbon, and another with "chain A and resid 130 and not index 1 2 3" as bonds, where indices 1 2 and 3 are the atom indices for the carbonyl O, carbonyl C, and amide N of the backbone. If you use the Mouse/Label/Atoms tool with the second rep as just "chain A and resid 130" to start with, you can find these atom indices easily in the console window as you pick them.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Christopher H. Chang, Ph.D.
Research Associate