From: Jake . (opus128_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 14:16:10 CST

I'm relatively new to doing anything more fancy with VMD other than the
basic molecular representations. I'm trying to find a way to draw several
cylinders which are in a specific orientation throughout the time course of
my simulation. Part of the problem is that only one end point exists, the
other needs to be at a 90 degree angle to one of the chemical bonds, so
essentially extending out into space.

Here's the basic idea, In my system atoms C and N are bonded, but I want to
draw a cylinder at 90 degrees to that bond, extending out from the C-atom.
Is this even possible?

Any suggestions would be great, thanks all.
Jake

C-N

to be re-drawn like this:

C-N