From: Amarda Shehu (shehua_at_is.rice.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 15:29:30 CST

Hello everyone,

does anyone have any experience with visualization and/or comparison of
electron density map files?

I want to be able to compare a pdb file with a .map file I got from
somewhere. I can create an electron density map from the pdb file in a
.mrc file, but do not know how to visualize it or compare it to the .map
file (which I am assuming also contains an electron density map - just in
some weird format).

I have been looking at chimera and swiss pdb viewer but cannot understand
whether they have what I am looking for. Plus, if there is any software
that does visualization and/or comparison of EM files, I need it to run on
a linux platform.

I would appreciate any idea, because I am clueless when it comes to
electron density maps.

Thank you,
Amarda Shehu.

Amarda Shehu,