From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 20:33:05 CDT

Adam,
  Yes, you can do this using VMD+NAMD+VRPN+Haptic (we call it IMD.)
The big question is always how fast are the machine(s) you have available
for running the simulation, and how will the non-fixed parts of the
structure(s) be. Since the goal is an interactive experience of the
forces, the speed of the simulation is a critical factor, unlike a
normal MD simulation. Do you have a Sensable Phantom or some other
haptic device supported by VRPN?