From: Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2024 - 14:54:25 CST

Hi Gianluca,

You will be much happier if you install VMD 1.9.4a57. I know it says
alpha, and alpha's can be scary, but that is probably the easiest path
forward. Since the *normal* way you'd get the differences is to make a
diff between the sources, which is probably more work than you want.

-Josh

On 2/5/24 1:58 PM, Gianluca Interlandi wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have been using an older version of VMD and I am now looking at
> version 1.9.3. I see that the ParseFEP plugin in VMD 1.9.3 can be run
> from the command line. When I launch it, it says: "ParseFEP: Version
> 1.9.2". I see though that the latest version of ParseFEP is 2.0. Is
> there a place where I can read about the differences between versions
> 1.9.2 and 2.0 and also download version 2.0?
>
> My other question is about the plugins solvate and autoionize. In the
> past (like in 1.8.7) they were not able to produce a PSF with extended
> atom types such as for glycans or CGenFF. I know that this was solved
> at some point. Is this already the case for 1.9.3? (Just confirming)
>
> I would appreciate any help on this.
>
> Thanks!
>
>      Gianluca

> Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca_at_u.washington.edu
>                     +1 (206) 685 4435
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://gianluca.today/__;!!DZ3fjg!_kpSy3gBQ_AMVrDhJTIx1IgDvuJfXKjzTDcNAlAmMYxIZ5ZHF9Z2-5hIU_1_NlzxZYQpdyKpYy7UX1_0pl01ZpThPTA$
>
> Department of Bioengineering
> University of Washington, Seattle WA U.S.A.

Josh Vermaas
vermaasj_at_msu.edu
Assistant Professor, Plant Research Laboratory and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Michigan State University
vermaaslab.github.io