From: Diego Gomes (diego.enry_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2023 - 14:41:33 CDT

Hi Gianluca, although I can't help with the X error, I can confirm the
issue with VMD.
Can you please share which VMD version you are using?

For me it works very well when I ssh -X to our head-node, which does not
contain a dedicated GPU, while using vmd 1.9.3 and 1.9.4a55. It fails with
vmd 1.9.4a58.

For any other machine the OpenGl windows fails either using "ssh -X" or
"ssh -Y", vmd 1.9.3, 1.9.4a55, and 1.9.4a58.
XRequest.130: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
0x3600090

Machines are Ubuntu 2022.04.2, the ones with GPU have Nvidia Driver
Version: 530.30.02 CUDA Version: 12.1.

Have you considered using a remote desktop solution instead of ssh? Over
here we use Nice DCV.

Friendly regards,
Diego.