From: Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2023 - 09:01:37 CDT

Hi Bill,

Yeah, something like that should be possible, depending on your text
file format. I'm used to operating under the assumption that you have a
pdb structure, either from experimental determination or structure
prediction methods. If you have a set of sequences already in mind, I
think passing those sequences to AlphaFold or ESMFold will probably be
your fastest way forward. https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://esmatlas.com/resources?action=fold__;!!DZ3fjg!_joQVFboq0vqz7xJmQfXZTBnvdqr3k7VejLnZOPOmW2BqBtHtUXG62IxNN3D6oM3iu-z7B6Dimc4qOi3sdo$ has
returned basically instantly for every sequence I've thrown at it so far.

The reason I think structure prediction methods are the way forward for
you is that the "let psfgen guess the coordinates" method for the
backbone will make a perfectly linear structure, with one REALLY long
bond connecting the ends. So while its technically possible to make a
linear polypeptide by just specifying all the residues one at a time:

segment C {

residue 1 MET

residue 2 ALA

..