From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 13:20:03 CDT

Hi,
  There isn't any tutorial information as the FreeVR-enabled
builds of VMD are still considered experimental in nature.
The FreeVR system works very similarly to the CAVE, but is still
very much a work-in-progress, so we have not included it in the
mainstream VMD documentation. Down the road when FreeVR is a bit
more established and easier to configure, I'll write the necessary
documentation for it. At this time I have other VMD development
going on that is much higher priority so I can't spent time on it yet.
If you've already got FreeVR up and running on your machines, then
compiling VMD to use FreeVR isn't terribly difficult, but I wouldn't
recommend you start this process without already having some significant
FreeVR experience. I had hoped that by this point FreeVR would be a
drop-in CAVE replacement, but as always, things are always more
complicated than one would like. :)

Thanks,