From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2021 - 00:38:32 CST

Hi,
  It would be great if you could actually provide enough details for
someone else to be able to try and reproduce the problems you're
describing. Obviously, nobody has intended to "disrupt" any features in VMD.

Since other users have not reported the issues you're describing,
it would be best if you could provide a set of input files and detailed
sequence of steps one can follow to recreate the problems you have encountered.

Often times the details are very important, and what you're describing below
in somewhat general sounding language may in fact only occur for the very
specific cases you're trying, in which case nobody would be able to guess
why you're having trouble without actually reproducing the problem
for themselves.

Without more detailed information, we can't hope to give you any
useful guidance or to find and fix software bugs that may exist.
>From the statements below, I can't even guess if you might be using
the tool incorrectly, there just isn't enough information.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/